Why should hotel rooms be guaranteed? A hotel room is not a commodity that can be stored until tomorrow. The room that are not sold in the night, are lost in the morning! Every day guests at the time of reservation has reported an expected arrival at the hotel.
The whole evening we will save / hold hotel rooms for those late guests.
However, it happens often that the rooms will be canceled late in the evening. The hotel has at this time, most often, no chance to sell the room to other. It is therefore important for the property to guarantee payment of a room with a late arrival.
Internationally, it has become common practice to require a guarantee of rooms with arrival after 18.00
- For 1 and up to 5 rooms is an individual booking. They can be cancelled up to 12 o´clock the day before arrival for free.
- 6 rooms and more is considered a group booking. A group booking can be cancelled for free up to 30 days before arrival. After that date a maximum of 50% of the booked number of rooms can be cancelled following these rules:
- From 30 to 20 days before arrival: 50% can be cancelled for free.
- From 20 to 10 days before arrival: 25% can be cancelled for free.
- From 10 to 5 days before arrival: 10% can be cancelled for free.
- From 5 to 3 days before arrival: 5% can be cancelled for free.
Hotel Svanen follows the trades common rules, as laid out by Horesta.dk
For a no-show, the hotel charges for the first night for 1-5 rooms. For 6 rooms and more the hotel charges for 50% of the ordered booking, but as a minimum the total price for the 1 night.